Ski Resorts

Lessons From Whistler: I Had It All Wrong

1. So what I am hearing from Adam is, “make sure you have travel medical insurance before going to Jay Peak because we will be slamming into trees”.

Glad Whistler was so epic.

Posted by Josh | January 23, 2010, 1:41 pm
  2. Indeed that does sound awesome and yes the Longhorn is the best slopside bar I’ve ever been to.

Posted by Mark Mascolino | January 23, 2010, 5:07 pm
  3. Whistler is indeed huge, once you start exploring the terrain is almost infinite. I know a few places where you can find untracked snow 2 weeks after the last storm.
    Flute bowl is well worth the walk if you get there early, the shoulder of Lesser Flute is one of my favourite runs.
    Pay attention to the wind direction, the reason Glacier bowl (by the T-Bars) is so good is the wind typically blows all the snow off the ridges into that bowl
    Next time you’re in Whistler hire a guide and split-board from WAGB (google:Whistler Alpine Guides) and they’ll probably take you touring into the musical bumps (the mounds and ridges you saw beyond Flute), well worth a trip.

lol, leash – been a while since I’ve seen one of those 🙂
    I love living in Vancouver…

Posted by David Hayes | January 25, 2010, 3:30 pm
  4. The first time I rode pow-pow (the first time I ever boarded outside of PA or NY) I was like, “oooh – I get it now”. I have never went to an eastern resort since.

Posted by MickR | January 26, 2010, 2:20 pm
  5. My friend is in Big White right now and I am extremely jealous. I have never experienced out west and need to. I can’t even imagine.

That leash thing made me laugh!!

Posted by Michelle | January 27, 2010, 9:59 pm
  6. Whistler is indeed epic on a good powder day. And sometimes too busy on groomer days to be worth it!

There’s so much terrain at Whistler (inbounds AND out of bounds) that it truly is a fun mountain to explore, and there are always new places to be found.

I’m a little miffed that you guys didn’t contact me and let me know you were going to be here! We could have had drinks! I’m at Whistler often.

Posted by VancityAllie | February 3, 2010, 8:10 pm
  7. I wish I lived in the states, I have heard and read lots of great stories about jay peak.

Living in the Uk sucks, lol.

Think I will save up for a holiday there.

Anyway glad to hear you had a great time even if it does make me slightly envious.

Posted by Nitro T1 | July 10, 2010, 3:21 pm