Snowboard Gear

These Boots Are Made for Boarding

1. I’d add this
    1. If the guy/gal in the shop doesn’t measure your feet go elsewhere and/or insist they do.
    2. If they don’t ask how much you ride/ type of riding go elsewhere.
    Boa boots need to fit really, really well otherwise you’ll get tight/loose areas that are hard to adjust.
    I’d highly recomend Comor in Whistler as good boot fitters

Posted by David Hayes | January 14, 2009, 9:40 pm
  2. PS: Boa laces snap frequently in my experience and the mechanisms jam easily, make sure you carry spares since you can’t just tie the lace ends back together. I prefer the Salamon/Burton style of quick lace

Posted by David Hayes | January 14, 2009, 9:42 pm
  3. Hey Josh

Interesting post given my recent experience.

I’ve got Dialogue’s also, and on my last trip – for the first time ever – my toes were getting cold on my left (mostly front) foot.

I wonder if its something that happens with Dialogue’s after a certain amount of wear. I’ve had these since late 2005.

Great boots! Have been really good to me. The lacing system I think is better than the new/current Salomon one.

…but being a few years old now, as well as the cold toes, they’re starting to soften up a bit now, so really start to think about replacing them.

Posted by Adam / HittingKickers.com | January 15, 2009, 8:23 am
  4. Thanks for the great additions, Dave. I was thinking of mentioning that it is worthwhile to find an experienced and knowlegdable technician when you go out and buy your boots.
    Adam, let me know if you do end up getting new boots and which ones you go with. Cheers.

Posted by josh | January 15, 2009, 9:22 am
  5. I just switched from some Burtons which were always painful to wear and left my toes cold, to Salomon F22’s which are AWESOME.

This time I took the time to get the size right.

They also have the benefit of not having the removable liner so they are much less bulky and a lot lighter too. Very happy!

Posted by Barry | January 15, 2009, 1:53 pm
  6. I love my 2007/08 Burton Supremes! They were super comfortable after working them in a bit.

This is a bit of a girl trick, but have you considered putting the Hot Pockets toe warmers in your boots? 🙂

Posted by VancityAllie | January 15, 2009, 7:37 pm
  7. Check out 32’s. I have the TM-2 and they have the best inner lacing. I am on my third season and have almost 200 days on them. They are just starting to get a little soft. Mine has a traditional lacing system. I work at a snowboard shop and see way too many broken quick lace systems of all types.

Posted by Ryan | January 15, 2009, 8:20 pm
  8. Thanks for the great tips! the 32’s website is great for information.

Posted by josh | January 16, 2009, 9:23 am
  9. I have a pair of Salomon Ivy’s and they are comfy and easy to lace. My toes are always cold, so I use toe warmers often. I was looking to replace the boots next season, and keep them for instructing.. I feel they are a little bit bulky and I was looking at the Salomon F22’s possibly. Anybody have them?

Posted by Pam | January 16, 2009, 10:38 am
  10. I’ve got last year’s Salomon F22W’s and I love them. I’ve had Salomon boots for years & don’t plan on switching. Not sure if the Ivy’s have the fused liner, but mine do and it actually made my boot so much smaller that I had to readjust my bindings and have much better contact now.

Josh what you said about the boas is completely true… My SO bought a pair but his Flow bindings kept hitting the clicker & loosening the boots as he was riding. So as with all boots I’d suggest trying them on with your bindings if you can before you buy.

Posted by Amy | January 18, 2009, 1:18 am
  11. Thanks Amy, I don’t think my boots have the infused liners, they are also now 2 years old. They are like moon boots compared to the fusion series. I can live with re-adjusting the bindings, as long as the bulk is gone.

Posted by Pam | January 19, 2009, 11:26 pm
  12. I have Forum Kicker SLR’s and I LOVE them! I tried on almost every men’s boot at MountainWest in San Francisco and these were the best for me.
    I’ll def echo that everyone should try on many boots to see what feels the best.

My ride:
    2009 Never Summer SL-R 158
    2009 K-2 Cinch CTS, black
    2009 Forum Kicker SLR, Elephant color

Freaking love it!

Posted by Chase | January 21, 2009, 2:36 am
  13. I’m a 50 year young free rider, mountain surfer, been riding Salomon Malamutes for years. They are stiff and provide great support if you prefer on edge riding or surfing pow. I’ve never had cold feet, even on a couple of -10-15 degree mornings. Its also a good choice for folks who have “low profile” feet,i.e. skinny ankles and or narrow to average feet. Strapped into Union C-4 bindings and a NS Titan 164, it all makes for a sweet ride!

Posted by Bud | January 21, 2009, 9:45 pm
  14. Never Summer FTW.

Posted by Chase | January 24, 2009, 6:44 pm
  15. Great tips. My boots are Vans..I have had them for a few years and my heel always comes up a couple of inches when going toe side. Thanks to you now I know that is no good. Time for a new pair.

Posted by patty | November 20, 2009, 4:42 pm