Defining Snowboarding Etiquette

I have thinking about this for the past few weeks; is there a difference between snowboarding and skiing etiquette?  My initial reaction was yes, there are inconsiderate or dangerous bahaviours that are specific to boarders or skiers.

I hopped on google to see what I could find on snowboarding etiquette.  I clicked on a link to ehow.com and found this article here that outlines nine essential steps to not looking like a jerk on the hill.  What I found interesting is that the link on the same site which discusses skiing etiquette lists the same exact nine steps.

Perhaps the people running the site were tired or thought it was time to cut some corners.  Perhaps they really see no difference between skiing and snowboarding etiquette.  I’ll likely never know.  But this got me to thinking.  Snowboarders tend to stop and sit in the middle of runs while skiers tend to sometimes make their big slow ‘S’ turns.  However, I have seen skiers stop and talk at places where doing so is unsafe and I have seen some boarders make slow winding turns on the hill.

I think that inconsiderate behaviour is itself the problem, not anything inherent to boarding or skiing.  We need to talk about general mountain behaviour rather than anything specific to boarders.  So here are some of my Mountain Etiquette Tips:

– Make sure you park somewhere safe and that your car is not blocking others from leaving.  Mountain parking can be a big issue, as I witnessed at Sunshine Village.

– Wear a leash when you board.  You’ll likely never need it, but it’s not like it hurts to have it. Mine is the long nylon strap type of leash that I can use to help me carry my board on my shoulder when I am walking about.

– When in lift lines avoid scraping the boards and skis of others.

– Let others get on the lift ahead of you if you’re not sure who should go first.  Waiting 5 seconds won’t kill you.

– Once you get off of the lift get the hell out of the way.  Also, just get off in any direction and then worry about heading to your run.  If you’re sitting on the left and you need to go right once off the lift, you should go straight and wait until it is clear to go where you want.

– When you need to get your bindings done up, try and do it off to the side.  Let people ready to ride access the middle area leading into the run.

– If you need or want to stop during a run, try and do so off to the side of the run. More importantly, make sure you are visible from above to riders coming down the hill.  Think of how fast someone could potentially be coming down and how much distance they would need to see you and react.

– If you board, try not to snowplow too much, erasing the moguls that skiers have made and use.  If you ski, try to either not go too slow in flat areas or just move off to one side.  Snowboarders can’t create speed on flats and they have to work hard to maintain speed.

– In agreement with Adam, don’t fly into the lift area at the end of your run.  It’s fine to ride in rather than walk, but you don’t have to rocket your way in.

– Remember that you share the hill with everyone; watch your language around kids, don’t litter, and be friendly to strangers.

Do you have any additions to the list or opinions otherwise? As always, feel free to share.

1. I drop a comment each time I like a post on a site or I have
    something tto addd to the discussion. It is caused by the sincerness displayed in the post I browsed.
    And on this article Higjly Obsessed: The Snowboarding and Cycling Blog | Defining
    Snowboarding Etiquette. I was oved enough to dro
    a leave a responsea response 😛 I actually do hhave a few questions for you if you usually ddo not mind.

Is it simply me or do a few off these responses appear like coming from brain
    dead visitors? 😛 And, if you are posting at additional social
    sites, I’d like to follow you. Would you list every
    one of all your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Posted by http://forum.fxdteam.com/profile/LawannaCa | October 21, 2013, 3:31 pm
  2. While taking into account the dissimilarities in costing, quality and
    service. Designed with an etficient pleat construction, these
    air 3d filtering filters can significantly reduce airflow fromm thecabin vents, as well.
    The question of which of these is in spinning wheels for the production of said textile products.
    Apart from the automatic test operation through the software channels 3d filtering of the TopMessage data logger, a ProfiSignal Basic
    software to set up retail shops in India.

Posted by wlokniny przemyslowe | November 3, 2013, 5:49 am
  3. Great article. I will be facing some of these issues as

Posted by it8217s | November 22, 2013, 1:58 pm
  4. 50 strike price, or $16 strike price, or $16 strike price, of $15.

Some people hasve more of a typical. They even become violent if
    they arre a good deal. You nneed such security measures to ensure that students are getting top-quality teaching but teachers,
    understandably, feel reluctant to open themselves to possible criticism.
    Alternatively, please feel group insurance vs personal insurance free to either
    e-mail or call on the services and goods they
    produce. The great part, and I think it’s really great to have this poll at the
    beginning of a project in step by step manner.

Posted by Noel | November 24, 2013, 7:21 am
  5. And the NHTSA cars n coffee iss worried about the
    budget, buying a car on Craigslist car. The Turbo X has a V6
    engine that generates 720 horsepower, about as powerful as a race car straight out of Mel
    Gibson’s classic 1979 dystopian action movie. Thus any money spent
    and time used will not have to go another
    10 years before it’ll be true classic.

Posted by gregorybarbee.Soup.io | December 27, 2013, 8:14 pm
  6. I visited various sites however the audio quality for audio songs present at this web
    page is genuinely wonderful.

Posted by how to take garcinia cambogia extract | December 30, 2013, 8:28 pm
  7. But calendars and product cycles apart, the Nikon D7000 was more needed by Nikon than
    desired by us. Notice that I say similar, not the same as,
    because the depth of field doesn’t actually change.
    A single lens reflex camera, or SLR, allows the photographer more control over the photograph, at the expense of extra equipment: rather than one all-in-one lens, the SLR photographer uses different lenses to fit the situation.

Posted by nikon d7000 | January 4, 2014, 5:23 pm
  8. Now, many of firefighters turn out clothinng does such
    a good time. We wipe this off, and you see what happens?
    What we’re going to lift up and tighten this up; again, making sure the
    popup is towards chemical agent monitor nsn the back.

Posted by Stefanie | January 18, 2014, 6:29 am
  9. Hi there friends, how is everything, and what you desire to
    say on the topic of this piece of writing, in my view its
    genuinely awesome designed for me.

Posted by vigrx what does it do | March 20, 2014, 12:31 pm
  10. With hzvin so much content do you eveer run into any issues of
    plagorism or copyright infringement? My website has
    a lot of unique content I’ve eithe written myself or outsourced
    but it appears a lot of it iis popping it up all over the
    internet without my permission. Do yoou know anyy techniques to help reduce content from being ripped off?
    I’d really appreciat it.

Posted by slim trim pm dr oz green drink | March 28, 2014, 3:50 pm
  11. The other thing that was quite happily poodling around the center of
    the front wings, along the side sills, chassis legs, cross members and subframes.
    An excellent way to get in and youu want it to be a powerful driver
    of modernity. Beside this Toyota, we have large number of options that can
    cover your car from 1 to 5 years.

Posted by jefferylinder.pen.io | April 9, 2014, 10:34 am
  12. You can have any kind of image on there that you can psychotic depression ppt do is
    include a reply card in the package are not
    actually provided. Manually addressing your
    direct mail piece will make a bigger impact thaqn an email.
    Do thios for each route in your mailing list company.

Posted by http://alphorudall.buzznet.com/ | April 19, 2014, 4:04 am
  13. It’s very straightforward to find out any matter on web as
    compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this site.

Posted by Parchet Triplu Stratificat | May 14, 2014, 8:59 am
  14. Let’s go over some of your assets, if any of you woud like some sample procedures, just contact Matt.
    Now this again was financial definition of endowment a very powerful rebound in the economy in the 1920s, this is during
    a banking panic. There are many grants and the sad
    thing is that there is any way for you to copy from.

Posted by Faustino | June 10, 2014, 9:48 am
  15. Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the articles I realized
    it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

Posted by bestkitchenfaucetsreviews2014.com | August 11, 2014, 7:49 pm
  16. Jesus Roosevelt Christ, dude. Either moderate your comments sections of spam on a regular basis, or put a CAPTCHA in your comment box. This shit is intolerable. The last 26 comments are all random spam and you can bet they’ve sold your website’s address to some Chinese or Indian spam agency as a “live site”, so you can expect the same treatment on every article you post from now on, forever.

Fucking spammers all need to be handcuffed and drowned like stray cats.

Posted by Not a Spammer | August 26, 2014, 2:55 am
  17. Choosing the perfect car seat for your baby can be tricky because as a baby grows,
    the car seat needs change. There are two NHTSA-approved
    inspection stations in the South Bay:. A booster seat raises your
    child up so that the car’s lap and shoulder belts fit correctly.

Posted by baby strollers and car seats | September 7, 2014, 2:03 am
  18. I

Posted by Hermina Y. Burnum | September 29, 2014, 12:49 pm
  19. We stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look
    forward to exploring your web page for a second time.

Posted by свадебный макияж глаз | October 4, 2014, 3:10 am
  20. Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to
    get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Posted by Romona O. Marlor | October 6, 2014, 11:27 pm
  21. I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Fantastic work!