My ACL Tear and Recovery

Fistfights and Shredding: The Return to Whistler

1. Thanks for posting that report.
    I like the idea of going Thursday – Monday. Did you buy a package, or did you guys set it up yourselves?

Posted by JB | January 22, 2008, 12:30 pm
  2. Just set it up ourselves. I like to mix and match. 🙂

Posted by Adam | January 22, 2008, 1:12 pm
  3. Yeah, Americans suck! 😉

I noticed when I visited Whistler earlier this month, how much more courteous you Canadians seem to be, both in the lifts and on the runs! I got run into by someone and they stopped and apologized profusely – that almost never happens here in the States, you get a mumbled, “sorry,” and they just keep going.

Great recap, I loved Whistler too. Will have to check out Fresh Tracks next time I’m up there…

Posted by Erica | January 22, 2008, 5:35 pm
  4. Sick session in Whistler mate! Awesome.

Posted by Gavin Hope | January 23, 2008, 9:52 am
  5. I was there between Christmas and New Years and was also very surprised about how organized and polite everyone was in the lift lines (we never really ran into crowds on the slopes). In fact there were only a few times when we had more than a few minutes wait for a lift. The mountains really absorb a lot of people.

Posted by Mark Mascolino | January 23, 2008, 2:50 pm
  6. They do, you’re right. That “first tracks” breakfast I did had several HUNDRED people up there.. and we didn’t see anyone.

I’ve been to Whistler many times, and I found lift lines go like this: a little busy on weekends, pretty busy on holidays, and damn near dead on weekdays. 🙂

Thanks for the comment.

–adam

Posted by Adam | January 23, 2008, 10:47 pm
  7. I just wanted to drop a note to invite you over to the new Whistler Community Network brought to you by Whistler Outfitters.
    WHISTLER COMMUNITY NETWORK
    There you can create your own custom page, upload photos, videos and discuss Whistler with others. Our audience would love to see your photos and to read about how your Whistler trip went.
    Check it out and Join Us It’s Free.
    Hope to see you there!
    Best,
    John
    Whistler Outfitters
    (no spam intended, just getting the word out to Whistler enthusiasts)

Posted by John in Whistler | January 24, 2008, 11:16 am
  8. When we were up at Whistler in early December we didn’t get to do the “First Tracks” Breakfast, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind for next time. On our trip the employees seemed a little less organized, I think due to the early season. You have a lot of newbies starting out that don’t know much about the mountain etc. Sounds like everyone’s getting their act together up there though. Would love to get back this season

Posted by Megan | January 24, 2008, 1:48 pm