Snowboard Gear

Toronto Snowboard Stores and Mole Snowboards

1. thanks so much, this information was helpful..I live in downtown Toronto, and have been trying to find decent places to get snowboarding gear..although, i have just decided to wait till the ski and snowboard show next year haha…
    Theres also another place in TO which is pretty decent,
    So Hip It Hurts
    323 Queen Street West
    Toronto , ON
    (416) 971-6901

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2007, 11:59 am
  2. No kidding. I’ve heard of the store but never been there. I’ll check it out and add it to the list, thanks for the tip.
    –adam

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2007, 2:31 pm
  3. I would not recommend going to Hogtown. I understand it’s known as a “local favourite” but they are not deserving of this title. I believe if you are in need for boarding equipment, you should go to Board Sport instead. The following are my points for Board Sport vs. Hogtown:
    1)All Hogtown cares about is making the sale.
    The sales person kept trying to push a more expensive board at me, luckily a experienced boarder friend of mine was with me and suggested a less expensive board but with the same quality. In addition, I felt rushed to make a decision to purchase. At Board Sport, the sales person spent hours assisting me without making me feel that I had to purchase something at that very moment. He ensured I saw all the options and in the end I was very satisfied with my purchase.
    2)Poor return policy at Hogtown.
    At Hogtown, if you put the bindings onto the snowboard, the purchase is considered Final Sale. Otherwise, they only have a 2 week return policy. BoardSport allows you to test out your equipment on various runs and if you are not satisfied, they are more than happy to return your equipment and help you find something else until you are completely satisfied.
    3)Lowest Price Guarantee at Board Sport
    If you find your item at another store for a cheaper price, Boardsport will price match.
    4)Hogtown has No customer service whatsoever.
    When I was making a return, the sales person was extremely rude and literally threw the return receipt towards me. As a previous retail sales person, I believe customers are entitled to make a return when not 100% satisfied. The customer should not feel like they’ve done something wrong when returning a purchase.
    The last point was the final straw that ensured that I would never return to Hogtown and will make it a point of telling others to not shop there. There are other stores (e.g. Board Sport, The sign of the skier, Sporting Life, Silent Sport, etc) in the city that have just as large (if not larger) selection of merchandise but with the great customer service that you are entitled to.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2007, 7:10 pm
  4. I should point out one of my favourite shops in the GTA. Actually a little north: in Newmarket. The shop is called “Senecal Ski Shop”. I believe they are family owned and operated. Its pretty small and has a limited but decent collection (most of the major brands: Burton, Ride, Salo, Rossignol, Flow etc.). The prices are comparable to some of the other shops – maybe a bit pricier, even (though I’d rather spend a few more bucks on good service and advice). I love them because of the service and their honesty. When I was just about to start snowboarding, I was talking to one of the salespeople and he advised me not to go too crazy on spending for the top-of-the line setup. He told me that if anything, to really invest my time and funds on finding the right boots (i.e. ones that actually fit well) because, being attached to your feet, are naturally the part of the setup that is most important. From there, decent bindings and even a relatively cheap board can be bought used and upgraded gradually in following years (as my skills improve – a beginner won’t be able to tell the difference between a $100 and a $600 board anyway), so you don’t need to blow all your cash at once. These guys are seriously just stoked to hear about people joining and falling in love with the sport. The true spirit of riding…
    I sincerely suggest you check them out.
    And a comment on the other comments on the various shops in the GTA. I’ve been (quite often) to all the shops mentioned above and I’d say customer service is hit and miss at almost all of them. It just seems to depend on who serves you that day – not necessarily reflective of which shop.
    At Hogtown, the service is pretty lax but I’ve talked to some who were pretty darn helpful as well some who were complete idiots. I have almost identically variable experiences from Boardsports, Boardzone and Sporting Life.
    And I definitely have a beef with SportChek just because I’ve never met a salesperson at any branch who actually knew anything about snowboarding or (at least) the products they were supposed to be selling.
    I guess its a matter of preference – find a shop you trust and ask lots of questions. Besides, everyone knows that (if you have buying in mind and know what you are looking for), the Ski/Board show is the best place to shop!

Posted by Anonymous | June 29, 2007, 3:01 am
  5. hey… u could actually just go to sportsmart and get a board there they also have a wide range and there pretty good as well…ive had my board for about 3 yrs now and it does pretty well on the mtns in bc where i live but as well i need a new one from hitting a rock. anybody no where i can get a long board. i need a 168 and ive only found 2 so far?

Posted by Anonymous | October 27, 2007, 6:08 pm
  6. Sporting Life also has a good selection of Snowboards and Gear …. There’s one at Sherway Gardens and on Yonge N. of Eg…just google them and you’ll find them

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2007, 3:11 pm
  7. can you visit boardzone? do they have a storefront?

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009, 9:56 pm
  8. Check out

It’s a website for boarders in the Toronto area complete with snow reports, store specials and listings, deals and pretty much anything else you can think of. A useful tool and a must for Ontario skiiers and boarders.

Posted by Brad Haffey | February 12, 2009, 6:04 pm
  9. You guys are forgetting the best one…it’s on the north side of Steeles, so it’s not necessarily Toronto, but it’s close enough! http://www.sanctionsnow.com

Posted by Adam | November 17, 2011, 2:46 pm